How to cook canned chickpeas
- Own fami
How To Cook Canned Chickpeas
- A round yellowish seed, used widely as food
- (chickpea) Asiatic herb cultivated for its short pods with one or two edible seeds
- The leguminous Old World plant that bears these seeds
- (chickpea) large white roundish Asiatic legume; usually dried
- (chickpea) the seed of the chickpea plant
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- recorded for broadcast; "a transcribed announcement"; "canned laughter"
- The following is an episode list for the MTV animated television series Beavis and Butt-head. The series has its roots in 1992 when Mike Judge created two animated shorts - "Frog Baseball" and "Peace, Love & Understanding" - which were later aired on Liquid Television.
- (of food or drink) Preserved or supplied in a sealed can
- (of music, laughter, or applause) Prerecorded and therefore considered to be lacking in freshness and spontaneity
- sealed in a can or jar
- Prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by combining and heating the ingredients in various ways
- Heat food and cause it to thicken and reduce in volume
- prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- (of food) Be heated so that the condition required for eating is reached
- English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
my second favorite smell is my fingers after mincing garlic, my third favorite smell is onions cooking
chickpea tagine with cinnamon, cumin and carrots
takes like 30 minutes or less depending how fast you chop but please remember nobody likes fingers with their chickpeas
•2 tbs. olive oil
•1 small onion, thinly sliced
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•2 14.5 oz cans chickpeas
, rinsed and drained
•3 medium carrots, sliced into thin rounds::you can peel them if you want I just do
n t believe in it
•? cup dried currants::i did nt find any so i used raisins…i did nt look to hard either
•1 tsp. ground turmeric
•1 tsp. ground cinnamon
•1 tsp. ground cumin
•2 cups vegetable broth
•? tsp. cayenne pepper
•2 tsp. honey
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion slices are soft. Stir in chickpeas
, carrots, currants, spices, honey, and 2 cups vegetable broth. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide tagine among 4 bowls. Garnish each serving with parsley.
::this I forgot anyway I miss spiced apples as a garnish in life whatever happened to those soft little red sweetnesses from childhood::
::and yes i also feel strange that none of the cooking of this tagine happens in a tagine go figure came from vegetariantimes october 2008
1 can chick peas, drained
3 tbsp tahini butter *
1 ? tbsp lemon juice, fresh or concentrate
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped finely
1 tsp cumin
? to ? tsp cayenne pepper, to taste*tahini is butter made from sesame seeds, but you can use any other unsweetened seed- or nut-butter. I have also used almond butter and sunflower seed butter with this recipe, and it turned out great.
Crush chick peas, either by hand or in a food processor or blender. Some machines have trouble with how thick the mixture gets, so I make it all by hand, using a thick spatula to crush and mix everything. Continue the mashing, crushing, processing—as long
as it takes to turn all the beans to a paste. Add tahini butter, lemon juice, garlic and spices and mix well.
I like to eat hummus with storebought pita bread, baked in the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes (flipping after 5 minutes) to make it crispy. The spread also goes well with chopped vegetables and some crackers. Experiment!
See also: recipes for cooking prawns award winning cookie recipes low sodium slow cooker recipes irish beef stew slow cooker slow cooker italian beef how to cook pasta salad maggie beer the cook and the chef
- (月) 15:46:43|
- Category: None